We offer full method statements where required.
Method statements follow standard formats for our services. An example of a typical method statement structure is detailed below although all method statements, where required, will vary.
- Site-specific risk assessment complete
- All staff and contractors are suitably experienced, trained and qualified for the work they are about to perform
- All staff and contractors are aware of the RAMS and emergency procedures
- All staff and contractors have completed the company induction
- Check first aid arrangements and accident reporting procedures are in place and agreed with site operator
- Sufficient and adequate PPE is available as outlined in the risk assessment
- Scope of works
- The control measures identified in this risk assessment, the COSHH risk assessment and the HAV risk assessments will always be followed.
- Tree protection
Establish boundaries for tree protection as per TPO report
Drive in vertical 9' scaffold tube at 3m intervals, using a manual post hole rammer, until the tubes are approximately 600mm into the ground
Attach 3 No horizontal tubes to vertical tubes using doubles (clip fixings)
Drive in back stay scaffold tube 600mm, using manual post hole rammer. Attach to vertical tube with scaffold swivel fitting and tighten with spanner.
Attach weld mesh panels using galvanised tie wire at each horizontal at 600mm intervals
- Erection of hoarding
Survey ground with CAT scanner
Excavate holes @ 2.4 metre intervals to a depth of 750mm x 450mm x 450mm circumference. Holes will be excavated by manual labour.
Concrete 150 x 75 treated timber posts into holes. Concrete mix 3:1 ballast:cement
Use Galvanised screws 100mm x 10mm to fix 3 No rails to posts
Nail 18mm Hardwood Ply Sheets to rails using 65mm ring shank galvanised nails
Fascia, capping and cover strips are screwed to rails with 10" x 1.5" galvanised screws.
- Entrance Gates
Excavate holes 900 x 650 x 650
Concrete vertical box section steel posts 125 x 125 into holes
Attached box section frame to posts using 10" adjustable eye bolts
Clad gate frame with 12mm hardwood external ply held in place 75mm gutter bolt
Centralise gates and concrete receivers for drop bolts
Fascia, capping and cover strips are screwed to rails with 10" x 1.5" galvanised screws
- Pedestrian Gate
Erect a 1m x 2.4m frame with 2 No styles using 3' x 2' timber
Attach 12mm external hardwood ply to frame with 10mm galvanised screws
Attach above to hoarding post using 18" T hinges
Attach harsp and staple for padlock
To find out more about how we carry out method statements in our work please call.
We provide a complete service from site set up of hoardings and tree protection through to completion of garden fencing for CML's and handovers.
All types of garden fencing including traditional closeboard, various styles of panels on concrete or wooden posts.
All security aspects that you would require for your premises including steel palisade, chain link and wire mesh.
- Garden Wise Fencing Limited
- Wheats Farm Cottage
- Nightingale Lane
- RG7 3PT
- T: 0118 933 1898
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Garden Wise Fencing Limited registered in England & Wales as company number 6540660.
Registered office: J & C Accountants Ltd, Wyvols Court, Basingstoke Road, Swallowfield, Reading, RG7 1WY, Berkshire RG7 5BX. VAT registration number 936 1276 19.